Things happen fast in the craft brewing world. Click here If you missed last week’s update. Here’s the latest weekly Craft Brewing Update on what’s happening in our region and the craft brewing scuttlebutt and goings on around the country:
Harris Meadery Launch Party:
Orange Park, FL: Harris Meadery will be holding their business launch party at the Jax Beer Society’s first event on Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Brewer’s Pizza (14-B Blanding Blvd., Orange Park, FL). Fresh from Harris Meadery’s recent wins at the Green Lion Festival and Gastrofest 2015, John Harris will be on hand serving tastings of his award winning Key Lime Pie mead and new Cherry Raspberry Currant mead to Jax Beer Society members. John will be discussing his meads as well as his future plans for the first meadery in the Jacksonville area.
Munster, IN: EMERGENCY! Drop what you’re doing and get over to 3 Floyds Brewing today at the kiosk. Today only, 2014 Portuguese Brandy BA Dark Lord is on sale. 1 bottle per person limit. GO!!! GO NOW!!!! GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!
Williamsport, PA: Bullfrog brewing is releasing 5 new beers on May 9th: Le Roar Grrrz Kriek, Le Roar Grrrz Berry, Le Roar Grrrz Apricot, Le Roar Grrrz Aardbei Strawberry and Crime of Passion Barrel Aged Sour. All 750 ml bottles. $30 for the Grrrz variants, $25 for the Crime of Passion.
Boulder, CO: Avery Brewing Company has announced the imminent release of it’s 22nd anniversary beer, Avery Twenty Two. This beer is a Brett fermented wild ale and will be available in 22 oz. bombers this June, 2015. No specific word on an exact release date or a bottle price/limit yet.
San Diego, CA: Alesmith brewing is releasing the next beer in it’s Hall of Fame series, Tony Gwynn Imperial .394 San Diego pale ale. This is a nod to Tony Gwynn, the Padres baseball Hall of Famer with a portion of the proceeds of the sale of each bottle going to support the Gwynn foundation. This beer is a 6.8% straight up pale ale and will be available in large format bottles. We’re not sure what exact size yet but certain to be above 12 ounce (it looks like 750 ml. but don’t hold us to that).
On Our Radar:
- 3 Floyds: Dark Lord Day is tomorrow. Everybody stock up on the diabetes because it’s great.
- Avery Brewing: Avery’s raspberry sour hits distribution starting now. Look for it.
- Lawson’s: Sip o’ Sunshine and Triple Sunshine are currently shelf turding up in New England. These IPA’s > Yours.
- Great Raft: Just released Barrel Aged Old Mad Joy Baltic Porter.
- Oxbow Brewing: Oxbow is offering up it’s Crossfade, a funky bottle conditioned hoppy blond saison.
- Bells Brewing: Next in it’s Solar System series, Bells Saturn, has hit. Rumor is this one is actually good.